Build Your Practice of Excellence!
Join Our Successful Clinic in Durham, NC
Meridian Health Solutions (formerly Oriental Health Solutions) is seeking a practitioner of Asian Medicine and Acupuncture to join our busy clinic. We’ve been operating in Durham, North Carolina for 20 years, with an ever-growing patient base. Our five practitioners have varying passions and love supporting each other in a team environment. If you’re a new or established practitioner who strives for excellence, come join one of the best clinics in the Triangle!
The ideal candidate will exhibit:
- Excellent people and communication skills, desire to practice joyfully in a team-oriented, collaborative atmosphere;
- Strong theoretical foundation, acupuncture, and Chinese herbal medicine skills are a must; knowledge about or interest in learning functional medicine is a plus;
- Solid work ethic and eagerness to continually learn and achieve great clinical results;
- NCCAOM Oriental Medicine certification or Diplomate of Acupuncture plus Diplomate of Chinese Herbal Medicine required.
The clinic provides:
- No start-up costs! We cover your malpractice insurance, supplies, reception, admin – basically, all the professional costs associated with having a practice;
- A well-stocked inventory including in-house powdered herbal pharmacy (200+ herbs), nutritional supplements, dermatology/topical products, and homeopathic remedies;
- A large customer and referral base to quickly build your practice;
- Curated educational materials that help patients get informed to achieve great results;
- Mentorship training in acupuncture, herbal medicine, supplements, nutrition, functional medicine, and patient management – all tailored to your needs – to help you grow into your full practitioner potential;
- Free acupuncture treatments & employee product discounts to support your well-being;
- Paid time off;
- Company-sponsored retirement plan;
- Continuing education allowance;
- Opportunity for advancement: Associate Practitioners who demonstrate interest and capability may advance into management roles;
- The biggest benefit of all is our amazing team!
Our fantastic front office staff are here to fully support you. They work hard to fill your schedule with patients who are perfectly suited for your strengths and treatment areas of interest. They handle scheduling and billing so you can focus on your clinical practice.
Our practitioners support each other with case discussions, education meetings, sharing our areas of expertise (even stepping into each other’s treatment rooms for on-the-spot consults!), helping with herbal refills or patient phone calls if you’re away, and in general caring for and elevating each other as practitioners and people.
The Associate Practitioner Position:
- Our clinic has 9 treatment rooms; you can run 2-3 rooms at a time during a shift.
- We’d like for you to see 20-40 patients per week (or more if that’s what you want! But we believe in a life outside of work).
- We would especially like someone who can work on Saturdays.
- Our practitioners have a strong input on their schedules; there is a lot of flexibility based on each person’s preferences and life demands.
- Income is a percentage of service and sales, with increased percentages based on length of employment, performance, and contribution to the clinic. We find this to be much more profitable for practitioners than a set salary. By working together to quickly build your practice, an annual income of $70k-90k is realistic within the first 2 years of practice.
- We do not offer ACA health insurance coverage.
The Research Triangle Area, composed of Durham, Raleigh, and Chapel Hill, is a fantastic place to live and work. We’re home to top-ranking academic and medical facilities; thriving tech and arts communities; farmers’ markets, and green spaces… and it’s still affordable for ordinary people like us!
To apply, submit a CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Cover letter should include:
- What you find beautiful about Traditional Asian Medicine
- Your most important failure, and your proudest success as a practitioner
- The most interesting thing(s) you’ve learned in the last year (does not have to be TAM-related)
- And why you would be a great fit for our clinic.
No phone calls, please. If you have questions contact us at the above email, with Subject: Job Posting
We look forward to hearing from you!